Tomorrow is “Memorial Day” and a time for food and remembrance of the fallen. My Grandfather served in WWII and died shortly after his return, they said it was from the stress. I never got to meet him my Grandmother raised 3 young children on her own.
Lets get on to the salad there is still 220 laps to go at Charlotte (3rd auto race of the day).
- 5 medium red potato’s (peeled and diced into cubes)
- 1 scallion or 1/4 medium onion (fine mince)
- 1 stalk celery (fine chop)
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 boiled egg (or 2)
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or less)
- salt to taste
- Paprika on top with parsley for color
- Optional: Add 2 pieces of crispy crumbled bacon
Boil potato’s for about 20 minutes or until a knife goes easily thru them. When potato’s start boiling add egg to the water. If you poke a hole in the large end it won’t blow up. Cook egg for 12 minutes and place in water to cool.
Drain cooked potato’s and add to bowl with everything else. If you want to get true to the dish save 1/2 of the egg and chop, add to the top with paprika and some fresh parsley. Be gentle don’t overwork.