- 2 heads of broccoli with stems (peeled of green woody part)
- 2 to 3 slices cooked bacon. crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped red or sweet onion
- 1 box raisins or 1 oz of any dried fruit
- 4 oz sharp cheddar or what ever cheese you have (shredded)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sugar (or more to balance)
- 1/2 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
Trim your washed broccoli with a vegetable peeler to get rid of any hard outer peel. Cut into bite size pieces and cook your bacon
I use as much of the stem as possible, just get rid of the outer hard part and use for stock. Add the crumbled bacon , onion, raisins (or dried fruit) and cheese. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, stirring well and taste for balance.
Before you add it to the salad make sure your dressing is tasty, add more vinegar, salt, or sugar to balance. Mix all together and let it marinade in the fridge for overnight or at least 4 hours.