Someone ask me at work what was for dinner, I said pizza balls and everyone ask how do you make that. This is how I did it.
- 1 can large biscuits (8 count Grand)
- 1/2 pound sausage (any kind, used breakfast hot pork)
- 1 roasted red pepper (from a jar)
- 1/4 medium onion (fine chop)
- 4 mushrooms medium chop (any kind)
- about 20 pepperoni (rough chop)
- 1 cup freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh torn basil (if using dry 1/8 tsp)
- 1 Tbls olive oil, 1 Tbls grated parm, 1/8 tsp dry oregano
Cook sausage in skillet, remove and drain then add chopped mushrooms and salt. Cook mushrooms for 5 minutes to remove the moisture, add olive oil if to dry. Throw in the onions and cook another 5. Then toss in the chopped pepperoni at the end to render the fat. Drain on paper towels.
Add the shredded cheese, basil and roasted chopped peppers and balance for seasoning. Add whatever flavors you want just watch the amount of wet ingredients. Next take a biscuit and roll it out on a lightly floured surface to about 5″. I quartered my filling so I could try and split that to each of the 8 biscuits.
Fill each dough and pinch the bottom to seal. Then place on a parchment lined baking sheet and brush with olive oil and sprinkle with grated parm and dry oregano. Cook at 350 for about 25 minutes, check at 15 you may have to turn it down or up depending on your oven. You want them a golden brown (no color = no flavor).
Serve warm with a marinara dipping sauce, if you don’t have that most any salad dressing will work. Catalina, ranch, vinaigrette, bbq sauce what ever you have.